Dr. Andrew Tebbutt, ICS sessional lecturer and Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Centre for Philosophy, Religion, and Social Ethics joins us to talk existential phenomenology and to tell us more about the course he'll be teaching this winter called Body, Language, Power: The Question of the Human in 20th Century French Philosophy. Starting January 13, the course will meet virtually every Wednesday afternoon (2-5pm EST).
Register today! Like our upcoming winter courses, this one is accessible from all over the world for credit or audit, with a significant discount on course fees for first time auditors and ICS alums--only $400 CAD (plus registration). So if you'd like to find out more about the course or to register, you can visit the course page on our website or send our Registrar an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some resources of interest on existential phenomenology and phenomenology of race and gender:
- Lewis R. Gordon: Being Human as a Relationship (YouTube video)
- Robert Bernasconi: Race, Slavery, and the Philosophers of the Enlightenment (YouTube video)
- Linda Martín Alcoff: Decolonizing Feminism in the Age of Intersectionality (lecture)
- Jean Paul Sartre: "Existentialism as a Humanism" in Existentialism and Human Emotions
- Maurice Merleau-Ponty: The World of Perception
Critical Faith is sponsored by the Centre for Philosophy, Religion, and Social Ethics (CPRSE) at the Institute for Christian Studies in Toronto. For more, visit www.icscanada.edu.